ESRA’s mission is to establish a constructive dialogue between European sugar refineries and decision-makers at European and national levels, as well as with other parties involved in the development of the sugar industry. We aim to:
- Promote a consistent and efficient regulatory framework for the sugar sector in Europe.
- Develop a fair and competitive cane sugar refining market in Europe.
- Improve access to new sources and greater volumes of raw sugarcane.
- Reduce trade and non-trade barriers to raw sugarcane imports.
ESRA seeks a level playing field for sugar refining in Europe
In order to achieve its objectives, ESRA actively carries out the following activities:
- Provide a basis for the representation of the common interests of the association’s members, vis-à-vis the institutions of the European Union, other European organisations, national authorities and international organisations.
- Contribute to the development and publication of policies to ensure an efficient and equitable commercial and regulatory environment.
- Promote cooperation between the association’s members with the aim of developing the sugar refining market.
- Provide members with up-to-date information on changes to the regulatory status of the sugar sector in Europe.
- Defend and promote products of the cane sugar refining industry.
- Support raw sugar sourcing needs in each Member State.
- Maintain relations with or join other international associations or organisations, whenever this is appropriate for the accomplishment of its objectives.